Imagine. Develop. Communicate. Succeed.

For more information call 1-800-365-8273.

Eastco Multi Media Solutions
Copyright Info and Anti-Piracy Policy
Copyright Info & Anti-Piracy Policy

Taking care of copyrights and licenses can be confusing, so we’re here to help.

It can seem time consuming to follow intellectual property rights procedures, but they are legally necessary to protect you and the rights of everyone involved in media. LEGITIMATE companies will require you to prove ownership of all copyrighted material before your work can be completed. When you skip the proper process or use those who do not require it, you can be compromised legally.

It is the policy of Eastco Multi Media Solutions not to participate in or otherwise facilitate the unauthorized possession, replication, distribution, sale, rental, or use of data by its customers. Customer understands that Eastco Multi Media Solutions cooperates with various governmental agencies and trade organizations responsible for policing the recording and replication industries and agrees that Eastco may provide such agencies and organizations information regarding Customer and the business conducted by Customer with Eastco.

All Materials Require Proper Copyright information per law. Some of the types of material that will not be replicated or duplicated unless accompanied by complete song by song documentation:

  • DJ mixes that use other artist’s songs
  • Gifts for weddings or special events that contain popular songs performed by the original artists
  • Programs that are original in nature but also contain actual portions of copyrighted songs


For assistance regarding legal issues and documentation, please visit the following links or contact one of our qualified account representatives!

You’ll want to protect your own material by reregistering all original work – lyrics, music, films, scripts, artwork, software, and so forth with the United States Copyright Office. Registering with the Copyright Office is the best way to prove and protect your ownership.

Third-party material and Samples:
If your master contains any samples you must purchase Master Use Licensing and include proof-of-purchase with your project. Sampling a portion of another artist's work, regardless of the length, from TV shows, movies, commercial sound bytes, music or video clips of any kind, requires Licensing.

Cover Songs:
If you have recorded a cover version of someone else’s music, you need to get a Mechanical License which authorizes you to reproduce the composition. Contact ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC to find out the owner of the copyright or contact the Harry Fox Agency. You will usually have to pay the prevailing rate of 9.10¢ for songs five minutes or less, or 1.75¢ per minute or fraction thereof over five minutes.

Remember: All Materials Require Proper Copyright information per law.

If there's anything you can't find here, please contact us with any questions, we’re glad to help.
Eastco Multi Media Solutions